Designation: Manager Maintenance
Experience: At least 10 yrs. of exp in maintenance (Mechanical, Electrical and Utility)
Desired Qualifications: B. tech. (Mechanical)
- Effectively delegate any maintenance issues to be resolved on each shift and small projects to the right skills in the team, planning and managing effective works
- Adhere to daily and weekly checks to ensure smooth operation
- Develop a Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) schedule, ensure full preventative maintenance is carried out, plan in missed maintenance activities, and lead the team to deliver effectively.
- Contribute to the creation and implementation of best practice maintenance vision, strategy, policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve operational performance.
- Contribute to new business initiatives and projects and review and communicate the impact on Maintenance activities.
- Audit and ensure compliance of the engineering data systems.
- Schedule both internal and external work maximizing planned down time and reducing unplanned downtime.
- Optimize equipment according to standard procedure, enhancing performance and product quality.
- Ensure routine calibration and maintenance requirements of a variety of electro-mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems are undertaken.
- Ensure that designated buildings, plant and facilities are fit for purpose and to provide proactive support/solutions when required.
- Develop clear accountability for maintenance material spend combined with a strategy to manage expenditure.
- Manage systems and equipment data storage and maintain high levels of standards and accuracy.
- Manage the process of the introduction of new machinery, plant and equipment from drawing up the specification.
- Manage the process of disposal of obsolete machinery, plant and equipment from gaining agreement to write off to physically removing it and its safe and lawful disposal.
- Undertake continuous training and development.
- Perform root cause analysis and resolve problems.
- Identify business improvement opportunities within the organization.
- Provide technical expertise to the team.
- Identify and deploy the technical skill sets, resource levels and systems to deliver projects, including the engagement of external resources as required.
- Stay current and up to date on any changes that may affect the supply and demand of needed products and materials and advise others of any impact.
- Conduct risk assessments of processes and tasks in the department.
- Ensure that the function operates in accordance with any health, safety and environmental policies and procedures to ensure the safety of staff and visitors.